Wednesday 3 October 2007

Good Old Pasta Bake

I love a pasta bake, I do. They're so simple to throw together, satisfying to eat and genuinely comforting. The versatility of this kind of dish, adaptable to suit what's in the cupboards and fridge, is what makes it so hard to imagine cooking for the family without it, at least once in a while. You really only need a green salad to accompany a pasta bake like this, though I often gild the lily by making garlic bread as well. You can use whatever tomato sauce you like, either homemade or your favourite ready-made variety. Just get 500g or 500ml in total, however you measure it. A little fun at dinner is always welcomed by the children so, given the ingredients; frankfurters and sweetcorn, I couldn't resist this -may I introduce my friends Frank and Maisy?

Frank & Maisy Pasta Bake

200g dried pasta
550g jar frankfurters, drained
340g can sweetcorn, drained
500g tomato sauce (see above)
grated cheddar cheese

Cook the pasta. Meanwhile, heat the tomato sauce and stir in the sweetcorn. Slice the frankfurters into roughly 2cm lengths. When the pasta is al dente, drain and mix with the tomato and sweetcorn sauce. Tip it into an ovenproof dish and add the frankfurters, poking them in and amongst the pasta. Scatter over a handful of grated cheese and bake at 200°c for 15-20 minutes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My daughter who is off to uni has made this dish and she loves it

Anonymous said...

Hmm... Maybe I can use this recipe to get my nephew to eat pasta. It's worth a try at least!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails