Monday 11 February 2008

RIP Picasso

Last week was one of those weeks when I should never have gotten out of bed. After crashing the car (rather spectacularly, it must be noted) on Monday last, the rest of the week passed in a bit of a daze. I'm still here, unharmed, though - and so is James, who was in the car with me. As everyone has been reminding me, that's what matters. The battered Citroen was insured and can be replaced. With transport options halved though, we've been relying on the freezer for most of our food, and thanking God, Kev the milkman and the Treehouse for doorstep milk and organic veg box delivery.

This week I'd love to get things back to normal, but it's half term and normal is up the spout. On that note, I took the boys out to play at the park this afternoon, then came home and made a big pan of Leek and Potato Soup for supper, which we ate with some bread, lovingly baked by the bread machine while we were out.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails