Friday 30 March 2007

Banana & Fishcakes (not together)

We've been out of the house for a good chunk of the day today. I took the boys to a friend's house this morning; Christopher played with her little boy, who is a little older and therefore an absolute hero to my son. We stayed for some lunch, too, which was lovely. I took a banana with me to mash for James' lunch. I don't know what I would do without bananas, I really don't - they're an ideal weaning food; They need no cooking, are nice and portable and can quickly be peeled and mashed when the baby is ready to eat.


When we got home, I had to deal with the children's evening meals. For James, I peeled and diced a large potato, then mashed it with a little breast milk. Most of it went in an ice tray to freeze for future meals, but he had a small serving for supper. I've cleared a drawer out in the freezer now, so I can get the baby's food organised and prepare a nice selection of meals for him.



Christopher was easier tonight; I had thought this morning and taken some fishcakes out of the freezer to defrost while we were out. I made these for dinner a couple of weeks ago, using some cooked potato, chopped spring onions and a can each of salmon and tuna in spring water. They were coated in egg and breadcrumbs, then baked in the oven. I fried tonight's defrosted ones in a little olive oil, then served them with some peas and a few baby corn cobs that were left in the fridge from the other day.

Hubby has just arrived home from work, so I'm now going to go and raid the kitchen for something I can cook for the two of us. Need to go shopping soon...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails